John Boswell is a musician and producer that has made some of the best music videos about science ever. According to his website, called The Symphony of Science, the “goal of the project is to bring scientific knowledge and philosophy to the public, in a novel way, through the medium of music. Science and music are two passions of mine that I aim to combine, in a way that is intended to bring a meaningful message to listeners, while simultaneously providing an enjoyable musical experience”. He does this by remixing and tuning spoken words by scientists and putting them together with photos and clips from lectures given by them. The videos and audio can be downloaded at the website, but the videos are also posted on Youtube.
At the time of this writing, there are 17 videos of pure awesomeness.
- Symphony of Science: Glorious Dawn (with Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking)
- Symphony of Science: We Are All Connected (with Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye)
- Symphony of Science: Our Place in the Cosmos (with Robert Jastrow, Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, Michio Kaku)
- Symphony of Science: The Unbroken Thread (with David Attenborough, Carl Sagan and Jane Godall)
- Symphony of Science: The Case for Mars (with Carl Sagan, Brian Cox and Robert Zubrin)
- Symphony of Science: The Poetry of Reality (with Richard Dawkins, Michael Shermer, Jacob Bronowski, Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jill Tarter, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Feynman, Brian Greene, Stephen Hawking, Carolyn Porco, and PZ Myer)
- Symphony of Science: A Wave of Reason (with Carl Sagan, Bertrand Russell, Sam Harris, Michael Shermer, Lawrence Krauss, Carolyn Porco, Richard Dawkins, Richard Feynman, Phil Plait, and James Randi)
- Symphony of Science: The Big Beginning (with Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, Carl Sagan, Tara Shears and Neil deGrasse Tyson)
- Symphony of Science: Ode to the Brain (with Carl Sagan, Robert Winston, Vilayanur Ramachandran, Jill Bolte Taylor, Bill Nye, and Oliver Sacks)
- Symphony of Science: Children of Africa (with Jacob Bronowski, Alice Roberts, Carolyn Porco, Jane Goodall, Robert Sapolsky, Neil deGrasse Tyson and David Attenborough)
- Symphony of Science: The Quantum World (with Morgan Freeman, Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Richard Feynman, and Frank Close)
- Symphony of Science: Onward to the Edge (with Neil eGrasse Tyson, Brian Cox, and Carolyn Porco)
- Symphony of Science: The Greatest Show on Earth! (with David Attenborough, Richard Dawkins and Bill Nye)
- Symphony of Science: The World of the Dinosaurs (with Alice Roberts, Bill Nye, Nigel Marvin, Dallas Campbell)
- Symphony of Science: We Are Star Dust (with Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Richard Feynman and Lawrence Krauss)
- Symphony of Science: Our Biggest Challenge (with Bill Nye, David Attenborough, Richard Alley and Isaac Asimov)
- Symphony of Science: Secret of the Star (Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Brian Greene and Lisa Randall)
- Symphony of Science: Waves of Light (Brian Cox)
- Symphony of Science: Beyond the Horizon (Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Emily Lakdawalla and Carl Sagan)
- Symphony of Science: Monsters of the Cosmos (Morgan Freeman and a choir of scientists)
Watch them, rate them, add to favorites and spread the beautiful message of science. Boswell has hit upon an idea that may transform the way the general population views science. It is an enormously powerful approach.